DSLR (Digital single-lens reflex) camera, is a digital camera that uses a mechanical mirror system and pentaprism to direct light from the lens to an optical viewfinder on the back of the camera. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_single-lens_reflex_camera
These DSLR cams are one of the newest "hotshots" of the century, technology-wise. We all know how the improvements of technology has affected our everyday lives. From the oldie cassette tapes, walkman, discman, television sets, abacus, to the state of the art designs of the 21st cenutry like the LCD televisions, laptops, mp4s, iPod, and water-fueled cars. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to enumerate them all. So let's stick to more pressing matters.
Cameras, are weapons stronger than all the arsenal the US government and world-renowned terrorists could provide. They can shoot farther, with more impact and accuracy than any sniper ever can in this existense. They can capture secrets and expose them. They can also capture moments that are forever worth keeping. These genius and heaven-sent creations have contributed so much to us artists and to every living creature to ever graze the wonders of this complex world.
It is every photographer's dream to own a DSLR, isn't it?
Being an amateur photographer myself, I find the power of such an equipment amazing. Although I prefer to stick with the comforts my handy point and shoot Nikon 4200 could provide, I still feel giddy inside whenever my friends lend me theirs. The latest products released by Canon, Sony and Nikon (the top producing brands for DSLRs) have features that decades ago, no one have ever thought possible. But now, they have built-in features that is out of this world. It would do little to surprise me if one day someone would find a way for us to be able to surf the net with them. Ha! Now that's an idea. But what really ticks me off is how this magnificent creation has become a tool for people to intimidate others. Not emotionally. But like, you know how others look at you in a way that says: "My camera is way better than yours, move away and lemme take a shot"
I've felt that way before when I barely had a cam of my own to use. I thought that, "Hey, he has a DSLR, I bet he's a pro" . But when I joined this photography group 2 years ago, The Photographer's Club of Cebu, I started feeling otherwise. I realized that not everyone who can afford or who has a DSLR of their own can actually be a pro (Photography wise, like the composition,angles and lighting). Some of them just bought one to practice with, but most of them, well, most can "just afford". It's like giving a scholarship to someone just because she has nicer hair than the one who deserves it,you know?
I also hate it though that nowadays, DSLRs are now in demand just because society demands you to have it. A "must-have". Like a tumblr account or the new Steve Madden pumps (whichc I must say are to die for). It feels to me like, they think if they don't have it, they're out of style. Except, DSLRs could never go out of style and it will always be in fashion. Instead of using it for capturing memories and the beauty of our surroundings, people just want to have a DSLR for the sole purpose of having one. DSLRs have become the new iPod. Remember when the first iPod nano came? People went ballistic, and suddenly iStores are filled with googoo-eyed customers who couldn't wait to get their hands on an iPod nano.
It's the sad reality of life that some people have this urge to follow whatever is on-the-scene and new, no matter how much it costs them. But what can we do? It's either you save yourself some time and keep it to yourself or if you're crazy enough, then probably make a blog out of it.
Just always put in mind though that you should never be underestimated with the size and quality of your cam. What matters most is your passion for photography. No matter what cameras we use, may it be a DSLR or not, it doesn't matter. It's whatever that's in the heart does. Because the way to make a good composition of your shot is to know how to see the beauty within even for the simplest of things or even the most random of places. It's what makes the photo appealing to the audience, the message. The feeling of what the photographer felt during the taking of the photo is what is being emanated by the photo itself. That's what comes first before anything else. So let's all put our hearts out to what we photographers are set out to do and keep on shooting!
I absolutely agree! Some people use it for more clear shots of themselves. Haha! But yeah, you know I still seriously want one for when we (the family or us haha) travel and stuff. ☺ Hoping to see you soon!
ReplyDelete=) haha i know. Same here, I used to want it badly, but like now, i feel comfortable with the digi you guys and Nanay just gave me. Kudos to you by the way! And yess, cant wait for the SBJ to hang out again :)
ReplyDelete