Sunday, April 18, 2010

Piano Lessons

When I was 6 yrs old my father had me enrolled into this expensive music school, Yamaha. Well I know it's the brand of musical instruments, and it's not really a "school" with the huge building and different classrooms like MSA or Juilliard. No, this establishment is only sectioned in the lower level of SM Megamall here in Cebu City where I am currently residing. It's not much of a big room too, only enough to have a display of the sets of instruments they sell and any other musical accessories, while the back portion of the store is where the "school" is situated or where the classes are going on.

There are at least 5 or 4 rooms there at that time, if I remember it right, at least 2 or 3 rooms with the standard piano in each one and enough room for the student and teacher to sit in.

Ahh, I can still remember the faint, musky odor of polished wood whenever I enter the room. The music drifting out of the closed doors from the other rooms where other students learn different instruments like drums, violin and guitar. I was scheduled to attend every tuesday,thursday and sunday on summers and sundays on the school days. I had at least 4 books? So far as I can remember them I had 4. Three of them are the Edna Mae Burnam's Step by Step , and the other one was a different book with lots of colors. Sadly, I never finished my piano lessons. I had a faint memory of the why's of it, but according to my parents and my aunt, it was because I wanted to stop and that I didn't want to go anymore. I remembered though that I didn't know my dad finally decided it was time for them to stop pushing me on taking those lessons, and then one sunday my teacher just told me that it would be my last day in her class. She was such a sweetie, I don't know if she was sad or relieved, my second teacher is though, the first one was a tiger...with very less patience and fondness of little girls who always go to the C.R. for an excuse to go out for awhile and breathe some air...for at least every 30minutes. My dad bought me a Clavinova too, to go with my lessons. But that was what....10 years ago?

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone! You are in the official Caludz blogging site. Feel free to comment. :) Your opinion will be respected. mwahmwah love ya'll.